flowspuffy: (Default)
[personal profile] flowspuffy in [community profile] seasonal_spuffy
Title: Now Might Be A Good Time For Something Heroic

Creator: flowspuffy

Era/season/setting: Season 5

Rating: PG

Notes: Two years ago I made a Playmobil Spuffy couple for Seasonal Spuffy. They lived happily on my bookshelf ever since but as of late, they have started complaining about the quietness of their lives. They really wanted to go out and fight some baddies. So, I gave them a Winnebago and some Knights of Byzantium and made a Playmobil stop motion film (with the invaluable assistance of both my sons who know more about Playmobil and video making than I do). I hope you enjoy it.

2022-05-21 13:03 (UTC)
thenewbuzwuzz: converse on tree above ground (Default)
- Posted by [personal profile] thenewbuzwuzz
This is incredibly cute and clever, I've watched it twice so far & I can't stop smiling. :))))

P.S. I see the layout of the Vimeo embed is weird in the Dreamwidth post. I've had similar issues. If you're interested in fiddling with it, I'd recommend finding the part in the embed code that says style="padding-top: 83.3333333333333% and changing the percentage to something small like 0.33%.

Now I'm off to Vimeo to watch the horsies again. :)

2022-05-21 13:15 (UTC)
teragramm: (spuffy comic2)
- Posted by [personal profile] teragramm
This was adorable! I totally enjoyed it! I can't imagine how difficult the vid must have been to make. Thanks for sharing

2022-05-21 13:33 (UTC)
sandy_s: (Default)
- Posted by [personal profile] sandy_s
That was adorable!! It was so creative! Loved seeing Buffy in action and the Spike cameo was perfect. 💕

2022-05-21 14:46 (UTC)
readerjane: Book Cat (Default)
- Posted by [personal profile] readerjane
That is amazing. Kudos to you!

2022-05-21 17:22 (UTC)
- Posted by (Anonymous)
Watched it a couple of times now and love it more every time. The javelin shot, over Buffy's shoulder, is genius. I love it! You are so creative and brilliant flow.

2022-05-21 18:13 (UTC)
jesterlady: (Default)
- Posted by [personal profile] jesterlady
That is amazing! Great job!

2022-05-22 14:49 (UTC)
stuffnonsense: (Default)
- Posted by [personal profile] stuffnonsense
This is amazing! Love, love, love it!

2022-05-22 15:54 (UTC)
gillo: (You rock)
- Posted by [personal profile] gillo
Adorable and so clever! [community profile] seasonal_spuffy survives because of the contributions of talented people like you. Thanks for making and sharing this - and thanks to the Flowsons. If you need technological help, find someone young. Really young.

2022-05-22 21:14 (UTC)
double_dutchess: (Buffy scythe)
- Posted by [personal profile] double_dutchess
Finally, it's there! [insert bouncing-up-and-down smiley] And it didn't disappoint, it was so much fun!! I'm truly amazed at the amount of detail with which you and your sons managed to re-create this scene. It looked awesome. I just rewatched the scene from the actual episode and you even had the exact same desert tree/shrub! But I'm most in awe of how you did the action scenes. My favourite parts are Buffy flipping back up on the roof of the RV after hanging from the ladder looked great, and her kicking the Knight from the roof. How did you do that last part, with her suspended in the air? The RV crashing looked very realistic too! I love how you made it look properly old and with the foil behind the windows. Lots of kudos to you and your sons for this wonderful project!

2022-05-22 21:34 (UTC)
nmcilbuffy: (Default)
- Posted by [personal profile] nmcilbuffy
Such a wonderful family affair - hard work but you three must have had a great time creating this. I loved all the little details - like the wall climbing rope and the javelin and mace. Plus, Buffy's hang on and get back on move was wonderful. Nice withthe Giles voice - thanks ever for creating this lovely Spuffy vid.

2022-05-23 03:42 (UTC)
- Posted by (Anonymous)
flow that is just absolutely brilliant!!

I'm totally in awe of how much detail you worked into this! I assume although no horsies were harmed a few playmobil swords were sacrificed to be able to create the 'plunging' through the roof effects. So, so good. And I *love* the accuracy in the moments you included. Especially in the fight when Buffy gets onto the roof. Throwing off one knight and then the other knight grappling up there, throwing the axe and the view over her as the spear is thrown through the window before the winnebago topples. It's just so delightful. Just excellent. XD

Stoney :)

2022-05-23 18:46 (UTC)
yourlibrarian: SpikeLookingforTroubke-shanmara (BUF-SpikeLookingforTroubke-shanmara)
- Posted by [personal profile] yourlibrarian
Awesome job! And I was relieved to read that no horseys were hurt in the making of it 😉

2024-05-23 09:39 (UTC)
bogwitch: (Default)
- Posted by [personal profile] bogwitch
Wow. How good is this? I appreciate that a lot of effort must have gone into all that stop motion.

Profile

seasonal_spuffy: thanks for the memories (Default)
Spuffy for the Seasons

June 2024

M T W T F S S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920 21 2223
24252627282930

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Style Credit