- Join Community
- Post to Community
- Gift Paid Account
|Name:||Spuffy for the Seasons|
|Posting Access:||Anybody, Moderated|
|Community description:||a seasonal festival of fanworks celebrating Spike and Buffy|
Next round: Spring 2019, dates and details tbd.
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO SOLSTICE/EQUINOX FREE-FOR-ALL DAYS:
Over the next year, each solstice and equinox is declared a Seasonal Spuffy FREE-FOR-ALL Day! In addition to our Spring and Fall rounds, we invite one and all to contribute new Spuffy fanworks on one day at each turn of season.
Spring: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 — FREE-FOR-ALL
WHAT WE POST HERE
(1) You can post anything from fan fiction, music videos, graphics, haikus, etc. We’re very much like summer_of_giles, since it is this community's forerunner. So give it props, because we like it.
(2) All content must be original and NEWLY MADE. We know everyone has great work out there that's been made prior to this community, but half the fun of a community like this one is seeing art that was made specifically for it. HOWEVER, if you have something you've been working on, but haven't posted? We'd love that too. Call this a debut forum, or whatever ;)
(3) NO SPUFFY BASHING. This may seem like a silly rule for a Spuffy community, but seriously. Don't do it. Angsty, dramatic, unhealthy Spuffy is acceptable. Because... c'mon, what is Spuffy if not unhealthy? But if the story ends with Buffy hitting Spike on the head and running off into the sunset with Angel because he's so her one true love, then... maybe you don't understand what "Spuffy" is (Spike + Buffy... duh.) Happy endings are NOT a requirement, however.
(4) No all human AUs, i.e. no fics in which the characters have to be introduced to the reader. (Example: Buffy is a fire fighter, Spike is a waitress...) There's not much more to the rule than that. However, all penguin AUs are enthusiastically welcomed!
WHEN WE POST
(5) seasonal_spuffy comes around seasonally (usually, spring and fall). It isn't fixed to the same time every year, so check to see when it's running.
(6) Participants of seasonal_spuffy choose a date to post their contributions at the signup post before the round begins. Posting dates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cutoff time for posting dates is midnight, IN YOUR OWN TIMEZONE. We know it may be your day somewhere else, but please - stick to the time you're in. If you have any problems posting, please send us an e-mail.
(7) Keep in mind that even when the time zone rules are followed for posting dates, they'll still cross over. Also, you might share your date with another person if there are more people signing up than there are posting dates.
(8) If you miss your date, please do not freak out. The "free-for-all" days were instituted for just that reason. If you miss your date, have finished a WIP, aren’t comfortable committing to a deadline, etc., you may post on any of the free-for-all days.
HOW TO POST
(9) We won't forbid you from posting your work on your own website or journal, because... hello... it's your work. But please if you possibly can, post all stories and graphics to the community and avoid using outside links. From Autumn 2013 onwards we will accept these links, but with a very strong preference for your material to be here. Please.
(10) If you plan to repost your entry to public archives such as Archive of Our Own or Elysian Fields, we’d appreciate if you waited at least one day before reposting, after you’ve posted here. If you want to be extra good to us, consider waiting until the end of the round. This will give readers more reason to come to us and help keep the community active. Thank you! Posting on your own journal or website is fine any time, of course.
(11) For the sanity of the masterlister and the tag wranglers, please include the following info in the HEADER at the top of your post:
3. era/season/setting (when posting fic)
4. rating (when posting fic)
5. "Spike/Other" or "Buffy/Other" (if your entry includes other Spike or Buffy pairings - some Spuffy fans are sensitive and like to be warned about that)
(12) When posting on LiveJournal or Dreamwidth, please TAG your work in the following categories:
1. creator (creator: yourusername with your username)
2. form (form: banner/wallpaper/manip, form: fanmix, form: fic, form: icons, form: meta/recs, form: other art, form: poetry, form: vid)
3. era (era: ats s5, era: btvs s1,..., era: btvs s7, era: comics canon, era: indeterminate, era: post-series, era: pre-series)
4. rating (rating: nc-17, rating: other)
5. genre - for fic if applicable (genre: alternate reality, genre: amnesia, genre: baby/kid/parent fic, genre: crossover, genre: holiday, genre: post-apocalyptic, genre: shanshu!Spike, genre: time travel, genre: vamped character, genre: wishverse)
(13) All stories and large graphics must be placed behind a cut tag. All adult material must be labeled and also placed behind a cut.
To make a cut with the HTML Editor, type < cut> (without spaces) before the text you want to hide under a cut, then < /cut> (without spaces) after you've entered the text you want to be hidden. If you'd like to replace the usual "Read more..." cut text, enter < cut text="your text here"> (no space next to < ).
Dreamwidth also supports the legacy code inherited from LiveJournal, so you can also type: < lj-cut> and < /lj-cut> and < lj-cut text="your text here"> (no spaces next to < ).
If you're using the rich text editor, highlight the text you want to appear behind a cut, then select the "Cut" button. A pop-up box will appear so you can add your own text to the cut text link. Text that's been hidden by a cut is shown in grey in the rich text editor.
PLEASE BE NICE
(14) NO BASHING THE PARTICIPANTS! This was designed as a safe community where people could come together and celebrate Spuffy in all its forms. Constructive criticism is fine; flaming someone, swearing at them, etc. will get you banned. Period. Your moderators have no tolerance for trolls or bullies.
(15) Do not use the community graphics as your own, unless icons are made to spread the news of the community. Please ask before you use any art that is originally made for the community layout. Banner artists are free to reuse the works they’ve submitted to the banner contest, except for the winning banner, which we ask not be reused until the next Seasonal Spuffy banner is announced.
(16) If you have any questions, please send an e-mail (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or ask your beta or friends. Please do not post questions to the community.
(17) Any work posted to the community may be archived in the Seasonal Spuffy web archive, currently at seasonal-spuffy.space. Let the mods know if you do not want your work archived.
The rules are subject to change, mainly in case we forgot something. Which we probably did. Ask questions all you like.
Updated September 2018: rule 10 added, rules rearranged, minor edits for clarity.
Banner for this round by javajunkie247!
Past banners can be found here.
1000_egrets, abelina, ace0415, algoazul, amyxaphania, ancholia, angearia, angelic_amy, annapurna_2, annieknew, anviloverheaven, arimabat, ascendant_angel,
athena3062, babsbabs1, bamboo_angel.livejournal.com, bayloriffic, becks28nz, beloved4always, bespangeled, binsoup, blackfrancine, bobthemole, bogwitch, bronxgirl, bruttimabuoni, caithion, caliente_uk, calturner, cherrytargaryen, chosenenemy, coalitiongirl, comlodge, confusedkayt, confusedkayt.livejournal.com, constance_b, cordykitten, darknight, deird1, demonbrat_98, demonicseraph, diamondtook, dramaqueenlucy, drizzlydaze, drknit, effulgent_girl, eilowyn1, electric_heart, elisane, ellievanna, eurydice72, ever_neutral, facingthesun, fadedwings, faere, fenchurch, five_steps_back, flowerish, freecat15, ghostyouknow, giantpanda_de, gillo, ginar369, glinda4thegood, gryfndor_godess, gwendolenau, herself_nyc, hollydb, immortal_beloved, inxsomniax, irrealia, itsayamsham.livejournal.com, jalbasmg, javajunkie247, jericho_barrons, judi42, juiceboxhero, kellykcmom, kelpyfinners, kenzier, kenzier.livejournal.com, ladycat713, ladyoneill, ladypeyton, larabeckinsale, likethesun, lirazel, lizzybuffy2008, lostboy, louise39, lulay75, lutamira, mad_brilliant, maddie2927, manoah, maryperk73703, missmurchison, misssara11.livejournal.com, molly_may, monstermonstre, moscow_watcher, next_to_normal, nosleepforthewatcher, nossy, nvrbnkisst, oceansmama, okdeanna, passionfruit_kisses, pennydrdful, petzipellepingo, puddinhead, quinara, rahirah, rambler18, randi2204, rayana, readerjane, rebcake, red_sunflower, restfield, ruuger, sandy_s, sapphiczombie, sarian71, saseegrl, seapealsh, seasonalspuffyarchive, seasonalspuffyposter, seasonalspuffyposter13, seductivembrace, shadowlass, shapinglight, shipperx, sidhlairiel.livejournal.com, sier96, slackerace, slaymesoftly, snickfic, softkitty66, spikereader, spikes_heart, spikesjojo, spuffy_luvr, spuffy_noelle, st_salieri, stnia, strikske, sueworld, suewritero, sugar, tei, tennyo_elf, teragramm, thedeadlyhook, thenewbuzwuzz, this_caia, torrilin, tower_rose, ubi4soft, uncouthkitten, useyourlove, verity, veronicaspuffy, vex_verlain, waddiwasiwitch, warbird, willowgreen, with_bliss, yanagi_wa, zanthinegirl
abelina, ace0415, algoazul, alwaysjbj, amasirol, amyxaphania, ancholia, angearia, angelic_amy, annapurna_2, annieknew, anviloverheaven, arimabat, ascendant_angel, audela, automaticdoor, ayinhara, bamboo_angel.livejournal.com, bayloriffic, becks28nz, beloved4always, bespangeled, binsoup, blackfrancine, bobthemole, bogwitch, bronxgirl, bruttimabuoni, caithion, caliente_uk, calturner, catecumen, cherrytargaryen, chic_c, chosenenemy, coalitiongirl, colligate, comlodge, confusedkayt, constance_b, cordykitten, crimsonstars, darknight, deborahc, debris4spike, deird1, demonbrat_98, demonicseraph, diamondtook, diebirchen, dimestorefind, downunderdeb, dramaqueenlucy, drknit, effulgent_girl, eilowyn1, electric_heart, elisane, ellievanna, elvendove, emmzzi, eurydice72, ever_neutral, evilawyer, facingthesun, fadedwings, faere, fangfaceandrea, fenchurch, five_steps_back, flipflop_diva, frayadjacent, freecat15, frootbat, ghostyouknow, giantpanda_de, gillo, ginar369, glinda4thegood, gowan, gryfndor_godess, gwendolenau, hellani, herself_nyc, hobbituk, hollydb, icafreak, immortal_beloved, inxsomniax, itsayamsham.livejournal.com, jalbasmg, javajunkie247, jems, jericho_barrons, judi42, juiceboxhero, justbeyourself, katiekat641, kd0206, kellykcmom, kelpyfinners, kenzier, kenzier.livejournal.com, kerry_220, kristenrose, kudagirl, lady_katana4544, ladycat713, ladyoneill, ladypeyton, larabeckinsale, likethesun, linpen, linpen.livejournal.com, lirazel, lizzybuffy2008, lostboy, louise39, lulay75, lutamira, mad_brilliant, maddie2927, magista, manoah, maryperk73703, missmurchison, misssara11.livejournal.com, molly_may, monstermonstre, moscow_watcher, ms_scarletibis, musicbitch, needfire, next_to_normal, none_notnobody, nosleepforthewatcher, nossy, nvrbnkisst, oceansmama, passionfruit_kisses, petzipellepingo, pony_jenkins, puddinhead, purpleyin, quinara, rachlovesmoony, rahirah, rainkatt, rambler18, randi2204, rayana, readerjane, rebcake, red_satin_doll, red_sunflower, redcirce, restfield, rranne, ruuger, sail_aweigh, sandy_s, sapphiczombie, sarah310592, sarashina_nikki, sarian71, saseegrl, scheherazadebet, seapealsh, seasonalspuffyarchive, seasonalspuffyposter, seasonalspuffyposter13, secretimmortal, seductivembrace, shadowlass, shapinglight, shipperx, sier96, silverusagi, sirjohnsmythe, slackerace, slaymesoftly, snickfic, softkitty66, sp23, spikealicious, spikereader, spikes_heart, spikesgurl, spikesjojo, spuffy_luvr, spuffy_noelle, st_salieri, stnia, strikske, su_herald_reading, sueworld, sugar, syranay, tassarin, tennyo_elf, teragramm, thedeadlyhook, thenewbuzwuzz, this_caia, torrilin, tower_rose, treadingthedark, ubi4soft, uncouthkitten, useyourlove, varina8, veronicaspuffy, vex_verlain, waddiwasiwitch, waywardsam, willowgreen, with_bliss, yanagi_wa, yourlibrarian, zanthinegirl, zimshan, zizx, zubiemom